Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog Post #1

Lauren and I at Denver Broncos 
football game in Dallas, TX
Lauren and I at Denver Broncos
football game in Dallas, TX
About Me
Hello, my name is Lindsey Edwards and I am a sophomore at South Alabama. I am an Elementary Education major and can't wait to have my own classroom. I have lived in Mobile since I was four years old and that is how I found out about USA. I live with my mom, dad, and my twin sister, Lauren. We are identical twins and she is also a student at South studying Pharmacy. All of my extended family lives in Mississippi, about an hour away, and I am so blessed to have an amazing family and support system. When I am not busy with school and other things I enjoy just spending time with family, friends, and my boyfriend Justin.


I have always loved children and being around them always brightens my day. Several members of my family are teachers and I have grown up watching them, as well as hearing stories. I have always wanted to go into education to make a difference in the lives of children. I know this is what God wants me to spend my life doing.


The most important thing in my life is my savior Jesus Christ, and I strive to live my life for Him and His glory everyday. I am very involved at my church, Moffett Road Baptist, as well as Baptist Campus Ministries here at South. I have met so many amazing people through the BCM and have had some amazing opportunities. One thing would be getting to serve as a summer missionary, where I spent every single day spreading God's love and the gospel. I was a day camp leader and got to be a part of various childrens' ministry. One of my other passions is traveling. I love to experience new places, people, and cultures. I also really enjoy the beach, it is one of my favorite places to be. 


Dr Pausch Time Management
I have never heard of Dr. Pausch before, but I found his video very interesting. I am not very organized and I definitely need work in the area of time management, so I found this video to be very helpful. I have never really considered the value we, as Americans, place on money rather than time, but find it to be very true. As a nation, we are consumed with the idea of wealth, but waste our time doing pointless things. I also found the suggestion of doing the ugliest things on your checklist first to be a great idea and it makes a lot of sense.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey,

    I am also an elementary education major. I like to travel too. I went to Hungary last year on a missionary trip to teach English to children. I was truly blessed when one girl accepted Jesus as her Lord and savior. I am looking forward to a lifetime of teaching children.

    I Love your creative blog,
    Cyndi Ford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also went to Costa Rica on a mission trip this summer as well and worked with children. That is so awesome and inspiring to hear about your love for children and your desire to spread the gospel. It looks like we have quite a few things in common and thank you I really enjoyed decorating my blog.

      Delete
  2. There were identical twins in EDM310 last summer. I finally figured out who each was.

    What do you know about Randy Pausch now? Did you try to find out anything about him? You will encounter him again later in the semester. Look up people who write your assignments. It often makes the assignments more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, I looked it up and read more about him and it gave me a new perspective on his video. Now knowing his background and more about his life I see the things in the video in a different light. For example, when he talks about wasting time (which is valuable) he really understood the meaning of this because he developed cancer and only had a short time left to live. He knows firsthand that time is a very precious thing that should not be taken lightly.

      Delete