Friday, March 9, 2012

C4T Summary #2

The teacher's blog that I commented on this month was Dorothy Burt from Auckland, New Zealand. She is the current facilitator of of the Manaiakalani Cluster of schools and is based at Pt England School. The first blog post I commented on was Got a blog? Make a book! It was about making a book out of a blog. This is a very useful tool and makes a great gift as well and I really enjoyed reading her post about it. I have never even considered this as an option or knew it was available. One thought that came to mind would be that it could be useful for students with class blogs that would like to print them as a keepsake. I also agreed with her on the importance of using text and multimedia as well as videos. These help reinforce the post and give easier access to the information. The blending of all these components together makes a very successful blog post. This post had wonderful ideas and resources and it is great for teachers or anyone else to utilize.

Students on Netbooks

The second blog post I commented on by Dorothy was Student Reflections.It was about her students feedback on the Netbooks they had been given for school work. The children stated that they loved it and would never want to go back to just pen and paper. They help to engage and interest the students in their work. The main thing most of the students agreed on was that they now felt their writing had purpose because they have an audience. When just writing in a notebook no one will ever read it or be able to comment and give feedback. This just reinforces the importance of technology integration in to the classroom. She has successfully made this a part of their everyday learning experience and it was wonderful to read about it.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lindsey, I really appreciated you stopping by my blog and adding your perspective to the things I have been sharing lately. One of the fabulous things about blogging for adults (in just the same way as the children I blogged about) is getting feedback from people outside of your local network. The global interactions are priceless. I do hope as you develop your teaching career that you make time (you will never FIND time!) to continue blogging and sharing what you are doing online. You will find it so encouraging.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I completely agree it is great to get feedback. It helps us to learn and get a little extra prospective. Thanks for the encouragement, I do want to to continue you blogging even through my career as a educator. It is such a useful tool.

      Lindsey

      Delete